Name: Dr. A. S. M. Tariq Iqbal
LL.B. (Hons), LL.M. (RU), Ph.D. in Law (IU)
Constitutional Law, International Law, Judicial Activism.
Lecturer of Law at Uttara University, Dhaka from 18th January, 2007 to 30th April, 2009.
Senior Lecturer of Law at Uttara University, Dhaka from 1st May, 2009 to 19th October, 2009.
Senior Lecturer of Law at Bangladesh Islami University, Dhaka from 20th October, 2009 to 30th April, 2014.
Assistant Professor of Law at Bangladesh Islami University, Dhaka from 1st May, 2014 to 31st July, 2017.
Associate Professor of Law at City University, Dhaka from 1st August, 2017 to till date.
A. Research Article/s in Refereed Journals
- Media Influence over the Culture and the Role of Law: Bangladesh Perspective, BIU Journal • Volume 4 • Issue 1 • January 2010 • ISSN 1995 – 4182 • PP. 20-33.
- Causes and Consequences of Corruption and Application of Anti-Corruption Laws in Bangladesh: An Overview, Journal of Islamic Education and Research • Volume 6 • Number 2 • December 2010 • ISSN 2070 – 8041 • PP. 178-197.
- Dire Need of Ombudsman to the Establishment of Good Governance: Bangladesh Perspective, World Vision Research Journal • Volume 7 • Number 1 • February 2013 • ISSN 2078 – 8460 • PP. 145-154.
- Constitutionalism in Bangladesh: An Analytical Study, BPDM Journal of Research • Volume 1 • Issue 2 • May 2014 • ISSN 2225 – 9767 • PP. 72-78.
- Adaptability of the Law of Tort in Bangladesh: An Interpretative Approach, Banglavision Research Journal • Volume 14 • Number 1 • June 2014 • ISSN 2079 – 567X • PP. 162-172.
- Protection and Promotion of the Rights of the Domestic (Household) Workers of Bangladesh: A Systematic Approach, UITS Journal • Volume 3 • Issue 3 • December 2014 • ISSN 2226 – 3128 • PP. 18-30.
- Awarding Death Penalty in Evasion to Judicial Capacity; Conception and Response under the Islamic Criminal Law, Journal of Islam, Law and Judiciary • Volume 1 • Issue 2 • April 2015 • ISSN 2411 – 4936 • PP. 71-81.
- Implication of Copyright Law in Bangladesh: An Analytical Study, The World Journal on Juristic Polity [India] • Volume 1 • Number 2 • May 2015 • ISSN 2394 – 5044 • PP. 217-236.
- Treatment to Prisoners of War (POWs): A Comparative Study between Islamic and Conventional Approach, Journal of Islam, Law and Judiciary • Volume 1 • Issue 4 • December 2015 • ISSN 2411 – 4936 • PP. 1-18.
- Policy and Practice of Intellectual Property Law: Bangladesh Perspective, Rabindra Journal • Volume 40 • Number 1 • August 2016 • ISSN 2477 – 1714 • PP. 168-179.
- Protection and Promotion of Consumer Rights in Bangladesh: An Analytical Overview, Rabindra Journal • Volume 50 • Number 1 • February 2017 • ISSN 2477 – 1714 • PP. 167-175.
- Administration of Juvenile Justice in Bangladesh: An Analytical Study, Development Compilation • Volume 13 • Number 1 • February 2018 • ISSN 2072 – 3334 • PP. 139-152.
- Doctrine of Condonation: A New Dimension in the Constitutional Jurisprudence of Bangladesh, The Islamic University Studies (Accepted for publication).
- Right to Privacy in Bangladesh: Existing Legal Regime and Ways to Move Forward, The Islamic University Studies (Accepted for publication).
- President’s Prerogative of Clemency in Bangladesh: An Analysis, UITS Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (Accepted for publication).
B. Text Book/s
- “Gender in Law: Bangladesh Perspective” published by Law Book Company, Dhaka, Bangladesh • November 2017 (First Edition) • ISBN 978-984-34-3318-3.
- “Business Law in Bangladesh: Theory and Practice” published by Oriental Law Publishing, Dhaka, Bangladesh • April 2018 (First Edition) • ISBN 978-984-34-4304-5.
- “A Text Book on Company Law” published by Sufi Prokashoni, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Forthcoming)
- “A Text Book on Law of Tort” published by Shams Publications, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Forthcoming)
- “Introduction to Constitutional Law of Bangladesh” published by University Publications, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Forthcoming)
- Acted as Member of the Editorial Board, BIU Journal (ISSN 1995 – 4182), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Acted as Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Islam, Law and Judiciary (ISSN 2411 – 4936), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Acted as Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Islamic Legal Studies (ISSN 2519 – 1535), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Acted as Associate Member of the Editorial Board, BPDM Journal of Research (ISSN 2225 – 9767), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Acted as Member of the Research Quality Enhancement Review Committee, Bangladesh Institute of Professional Studies, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
D. Paper Presentation
- “Copyright Protection: Law and Practice in Bangladesh” paper presented at the Institute of Education and Research, Dhaka University on 6th June, 2014.
- “Introduction to Constitutional Amendment in Bangladesh” paper presented at the Faculty of Law & Shariah, Islamic University on 14th September, 2015.
- “People’s Perception and Level of Awareness regarding Constitutional Amendment in Bangladesh” paper presented at the Faculty of Law & Shariah, Islamic University on 14th September, 2015.
Dr. Iqbal is an Advocate of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
- Undergone a seminar on the Role of International Criminal Court to Ensure Justice in the World at Faculty of Law, Rajshahi University in 7th August 2005.
- Attended a two days teaching seminar on Child Rights at Dhaka University organized by Faculty of Law, DU in collaboration with UNICEF from 23rd to 24th November, 2008.
- Attended a daylong workshop on Child Rights Bill at Dhaka University on 28th February 2010.
- Attended a seminar on 15th Amendment of the Constitution of Bangladesh and its Impact at State University of Bangladesh on 9th July, 2011.
- Completed a certificate course of English Language Proficiency at North South University in 2012.
- Attended a three days long teaching seminar on International Humanitarian Law at Eastern University organized by Faculty of Law, EU in collaboration with ICRC from 2nd to 4th July, 2013.
- Participated a workshop on Legal Research at University of Asia Pacific on 24th March, 2014.
- Completed an advanced training course on Research Methodology at Institute of Education and Research, Dhaka University from 28th March to 10th May, 2014.
- Participated a two days conference on Research at Institute of Education and Research, Dhaka University from 6th to 7th June, 2014.
- Participated a two days long international conference on South Asia and International Law: Engagement or Encounter at Hotel Rupashi Bangla (Former Dhaka Sheraton), Dhaka organized by Bangladesh Chapter of the Asian Society of International Law from 23rd to 24th August, 2014.
- Attended a seminar on Increasing Awareness on the Laws of Cyber Security, Information and Communication Technology organized by Bangladesh Islami University under the surveillance of the Ministry of Posts, Telecommunications and IT, the People’s Republic of Bangladesh on 31st March, 2015.
- Conducted a seminar on Increasing Awareness on Human Rights Situation (LEGAL & MORAL CLIMATE) in Global, Regional and National Perspectives: Underlying Humanitarian Issues at Bangladesh Islami University on 18th March, 2016.
- Participated a two days long international conference on Teaching and Learning at Independent University Bangladesh from 22nd to 23rd April, 2016.
- Participated a symposium on Ensuring Justice for Women and Children in the context of the Nari O Shishu Nirjaton Domon Ain at Press Club (VIP Lounge), Dhaka organized by Naripokkho (A human rights based NGO) on 15th December, 2016.
- Participated a two days international conference on Envisioning Our Common Future at Dhaka University from 22nd to 23rd December, 2016.
- Attended a public lecture on Judgment of Court in Mother Language at East West University on 25th February, 2017.
- Participated a seminar on Countering Violent Extremism: Building Resilience and Capacity at Hotel Bengal Blueberry, Dhaka organized by Bangladesh Institute of Peace and Security Studies under the surveillance of Government of Canada on 10th March, 2017.
- Participated a seminar on Judicial Activism and Judicial Self-Restraint at Dhaka University on 29th April, 2017.
- Participated a three days long international conference on Legal Education at East West University from 15th to 17th June, 2017.
- Attended a daylong workshop on Self Assessment & Team Building at City University on 11th October, 2017.
- Bangladesh Supreme Court Bar Association.
- Dhaka Bar Association.
- Dhaka Taxes Bar Association.
- Lions Club International.
- National Human Rights Implementation & Legal Rights Foundation.
- Nelson Mandela Education & Research Foundation.
- Bangladesh Peace & Development Mission Research Club.
- Global Health Care Foundation.