Name of the Program : B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
Degree Offered : Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Total Course Duration : 4 Years
Studentship Duration : 6 (Six) Years
Semester per year : 2(two)
Total Semester : 8 Full-Time (6 months semester)
Total Credits : 146 (Theory 104+ Laboratory 42)
- Full integration with domestic and international students on the City University campus
- Access to all City University cultural events, athletic events and activities including City University’s state of-the-art Recreation Center
- Classrooms and accommodations in the heart of City University’s compact and accessible campus with shopping, dining and other services located nearby
- Highest level of support for student success
- Individual supplemental tutoring for any subject
- Highly trained and experienced university instructorsa
- Academic advising throughout the program
The Graduate Pathway in Mechanical Engineering leads to a bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering at City University.
As a graduate of an engineering degree program at City University, you might find work as a:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Product designer
- Research and development engineer
“To become a Centre of Excellence of International standard and provide a firm scientific and technological base for achieving self-reliance through education, research and training”
1. Minimum GPA of 2.5 each in SSC and HSC or equivalent public examinations.
2. Candidates with GPA 2.00 in any examination must have minimum GPA 6.00 combined.
3. In case of the ward of Freedom Fighter, at least GPA 5.00 combined in SSC/Dakhil, HSC/Alim or Equivalent Examination is required. Proof of Certificate must be submitted in this connection.
4. ‘0’ Level in 5 (five) subjects and ‘A’ Level in 2 (two) major subjects with minimum ‘B’ Grade in four subjects and ‘C’ Grade in three subjects.
5. For EEE/CSE programs, students must have had Physics and Mathematics in HSC/A-Level or equivalent level with fulfilling the above criteria.
1.Individuals who are not citizens or permanent residents of Bangladesh are defined as international applicants. International applicants seeking admission into City University must meet the same academic standards as those required for Bangladeshi students. There are wide variations, however, among educational systems throughout the world that make an exact comparison of educational standards difficult. International applicants are selected on the basis of their prior academic results, English proficiency, probability of success in the chosen curriculum as evidenced by prior work in the academic area involved, and certification of adequate financial resources.
2. Students must have good command in English.